Event space renting is something that is not new in the business world in Singapore and it is something that companies are using a lot to bring their workforce together for bonding or to organise company events. However, there are eight tips a company must keep in mind in order to rent the perfect event space.
1. Many companies in Singapore work very hard in making sure that they have a solid corporate culture and they have to make sure that the event space does match their culture. A company that is well established and big will want to have a space that is different than a small one or one that is starting. Research has to be done by management to make sure that they find the perfect event space.
2. A company has to make sure that the event space has very strong WiFi. Many companies across the world complain about not having a strong WiFi connection at their event space and it is also important for a company to know what other technical equipment will and will not be present. This includes things like television sets, power sockets and even projectors. The tech at the event space has to be up to date to make sure it meets the company’s needs.
3. Food is something that is very important and a company should check if there is an option for food to be present should they need to provide any food and drinks at their function. Different people have different taste and if a company wants to serve health conscious or vegetarian food, they need to get in touch with the event space or food caterer to make sure they serve that. It is also worth finding out if the venue does allow outside catering.
4. A company has to make sure that that they check if the room is flexible. Very good businesses that offer event space rental services will be able to transform a room depending on the needs of the company. A room that can be a conference room every single morning can be transformed into a brain storming room in the afternoon.
5. Going green is also a wonderful tip which many companies in Singapore need to take because it helps look after the environment. Picking an event space that is close to public transport does help and suggesting water be served from pitchers rather than bottles are little details that can be taken into account.
6. A company has to make sure that the venue has enough employees to cater to their needs. If a company needs security, for example, they have to make sure that the venue has security facilities or services and if the cost is within their budget.
7. Is team building available at the venue? Many event spaces in Singapore do offer activities that can strengthen the relationship of teams and if a company wants that as part of their event, they need to find out what the space offers and add it as part of their package if they please.
8. A company has to make sure they understand the event space rental cancellation policy in case of any last minute changes. It is worth finding out the full policy to avoid any hidden charges.